Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Lullaby

Who knows how many times,
You had held me in your arms,
Looking at my face that had cried
because I had a bad time,

You'd tell me that's how the world runs,
and then some stories to cheer me up,
some from your past and
some belonged to my future,

Those comforting cuddles and giggles over those stupid stories, that would always assure me that, there was no need to rush to figure out everything in life and it is wise to let go of some things sometimes,

And Now as the years have passed,
I wonder, how have you been so strong for so many years, how have you let me control my fears and have always been by my side,

Now that I see your wrinkled face and sore eyes, because you cried all night remembering the good old days and the people of your time,

I wonder why you gave me all that strength to be so strong in this cruel world where I will once be without you and all the people 
I've had never imagined to be without,

It's my turn now to give you warm hugs,
to hold your hands tight and assure you that
some sleep is all you need right now,
I will hold on to all the love that you've
given me for life and I'll just be fine!


5 comments:

Popular Posts