Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Walk in the rain





It was mid- summer, I was sitting by my window & thinking about the days gone by. I was very upset with the way things were going on in life. No friends were around & I was broke. Nobody was there to share what I was going through that time.

The weather was gloomy & sky had turned gray. It seemed it was going to rain that day. I was full of negativity. I had no idea what I was going to do. I had all day with me.

And all of a sudden it started raining like cats & dogs. The ambiance was changed now. I took my coat & left home, reached a park. The park which is usually full of people was empty because of the rain. The jogging track was filled with water. I walked aimlessly for about an hour. I stretched my arms & welcomed the pour. I was drenched in the rain. I was smiling for no reason. Then I danced like some freak. I rejoiced every drop of the rain. For the first time in my life, I enjoyed being alone. My mind was free from all the worries.

The pour seemed to have slowed down now. Then I took the road to return home. As I was walking down the road to my home, a thought crossed my mind that, I cannot change what had happened but life did not stop there. There will come a time when I will get what I deserve & no failure can part it from me. I ought to work hard for what I want & that’s what really mattered. 

I’ll never forget this day I said to myself. I looked up in the sky & thanked the almighty for making this life so lovely & magical. :)

2 comments:

  1. I KNOW YOUR STORY DEAR
    I GUESS I HAVE HEARD FOR 2 TIMES
    AND THIS IS THE 3RD TIME AND BELIEVE ME
    I LIKED IT VERY MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhaahaha.........
    LOL :D i knw hw much i pakao5 u by telling awl my stories ........but sincerely thank u for tolerating my nonsense :P lu muahhhhhhhhh :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts